March 15, 2008

Full Circle

Currently Singing: Kiss From A Rose, Seal

Right..

Honestly, I really don't know how to begin this post.. Was on the phone with a friend today.. We just realized (moment of epiphany) that we will be going to our college for classes for the
last time on Monday, and the knowledge of this completely threw us into a fit of hysteria. Now, I am an emotional freak, so it's understandable if I find myself falling back on memories and remembering the past three f-ing brilliant years of my life... My friend on the other hand, is one who barely gets attached to anything and hearing her feeling low about leaving college was something I was completely not prepared for...

People enter your life for a reason... They have a purpose, a role to play to your existence... once that purpose is achieved, they head out... either abruptly, or the process is extremely slow... It depends on how you want them to leave... Some, however just stay..

Honestly, I adore my friends, and knowing that I wouldn't be seeing them everyday from Monday onwards, wouldn't be famously standing under the sun at Sat. Nik desperately waiting for chicken rolls, or wouldn't be making spontaneous plans to travel off to random places with absolutely no money in our pockets--overwhelms me with a feeling of discomfort.

It's disconcerting, really.. Somehow, everything that was constant and stable in my life seems to be dismantling itself... Now I can't say I wasn't prepared for it, I mean, I knew that this phase in my life was going to come--just didn't know it would come so early. Hmm.. sounds cliched, doesn't it?

I see the books gathering dust on my shelve, and I have lines to read before I sleep... Memories creep into the present and I sit starring into the green wall, enraptured by my past.

Honestly, I feel sad that my college life has finally come to an end... but then again, something needs to end in order for new things to begin... that's what life is about, until it completes a full circle.

College ends here R, grow up love.

6 comments:

Renovatio said...

Now now, something great has to end to make way for something greater. See, we can do the cliches too.

Allow me to borrow a phrase here, Now-that-your-rose-is-in-bloom...

Vipul Nanda said...

... A light hits the gloom on the grave.

If you're an emotional person, you must have felt something similar about losing schools.

These are all stepping stones.

five_silver_rings said...

Reno: You're perfect at cliches, as am I.. thank you for the 'borrowed' phase: like I said, it made my day... I mean, 'midnight'..
P.S. Thanks for the songs..

Arawn: Naah, I hated school, really.. Too many women around.. Shall miss Venky though.. made far too many friends here... I 'lived' these past three years..

Unknown said...

It feels good, I know. At the long last, you look forward to seeing yourself into the world!

Congrats!

five_silver_rings said...

Onyeka: Thank you for the book--I am writing this so as to let you know that I've received it. The book seems interesting, I shall read it soon. However, I do not think I will be able to help you out. Sorry.

Unknown said...

You are welcome. A bit depressed at the moment. Anyway, I hope to speak with your mom or interact with you through e.mail. Hope that's possible?