March 1, 2008

Bumping My Way Through

Currently Singing:
Baby's Got A Secret, Madonna

*

Let's see now... the other day a few of my friends came up to me and enquired why I hadn't written anything recently? Hmm.. good question. Honestly, I have nothing to write upon. No, no, don't give me that grin now, it's true.


Wonder if this may suffice--
The other day, I encountered a driving disaster: Now I know that on speed-breakers, one must slow down. I did... however, I wasn't slow enough for the speed-breaker to grant mercy and allow me to pass in a respectable fashion. I was at 35 kms/hr, and this baby was huge--you can let your imagination play for the rest of the events that ensued.

I was extremely slow thereafter at every speed-bumper, driving my car carefully. However, even after such an event, I still stand to say that I am improving and turning out to be a pretty decent driver. In fact the other day, my brother, who usually doesn't compliment me on anything, gave me a thumbs up for my performing skills in the driving arena.

Well, what can I say? Live and learn my friend, live and learn.

*
Yesterday however, I did enjoy a good home-cooked meal of chicken drumsticks immersed in gravy, baby corn-broccoli (stir-fried) vegetable mix along with some deliciously and geometrically circled (mind you) rotis. Yes, an interesting combination I must add. This treat was made by my friend as a token of admiration and portrayal of deep respect and immense gratitude towards me... In other words, the meal was made in my honour. Naah, not really. That woman doesn't even give a damn, I just wrote all this to massage my ego and feel happy about myself.

However, my friend loves to cook and it was indeed a delicious meal, at the end of which, I did promise her that she'll be the official caterer for my marriage (irrespective of the fact that I do not intend on marrying in the next seven to eight years! Yes, disheartening, isn't it?)

After the lunch we watched Russell Peters on Utube--an absolutely adorable and amusing fellow, who has the potential to throw anyone off their chairs in a fit of uncontrollable laughter. For those of you who haven't see him perform--honestly, you are missing out on something. I have always been a Peters fan, and yesterday was one of those days that made me adore him even more!

It was a good day indeed, two thumbs up to the girl with the curly hair!
*
P.S. Just so you know, the site is: www.youtube.com--in case you visited the wrong site. And this is where you need to go :)

18 comments:

Unknown said...

I praise those who drive, honey. I think highly of them, for having the courage to stand behind the steering-wheel and it's like turning the world with that tool. I can't drive, that's one thing and I'm so low when it comes to the issue of driving.

Hmmm...feeling that cuisine, as though I'm stucked in Little Venice or Piccadelhi ordering for some rogan josh or something. I enjoy such dishes, and I think when someone who knows how to make it better does it. I really enjoy them. Hope you did enjoy it?

Vipul Nanda said...

Did you just really say 'UTube'?

Just find that amusing. :-)

five_silver_rings said...

Onyeka: Yes, I did.

Arawn: Yep. UTube--I like writing it like that. Problemo?

Vipul Nanda said...

No, just quite amusing. No, er, 'problemo', amigo. Mucho obliged. :-P

Mystique said...

Russel Peters, sweet.

five_silver_rings said...

Arawn: Hmm.. you like the word 'obliged' a lot, don't you? :P

Mystique: I honestly don't know what to reply to that comment :P

VenkyMarg said...

which one did you see..? yaman or nigaa nigaa....

five_silver_rings said...

Well, don't really remember... watched many that day... few of the favourite ones that day were About Italy and Beating Your Kids

Vipul Nanda said...

Nothing wrong with the word obliged! In fact, as a law student, I'm obli ... no, I'm forced to use it in the course of normal conversation. :-)

five_silver_rings said...

Haha.. whatever makes you happy Arawn :)

Vipul Nanda said...

Lots of things make me happy - obligations aren't one of them. Busy debating at IIT these days - just thankful that this affords me an excuse to be in the city. Moving out of here Monday, so meeting all the people I know in this time. *Sighs*

How go things with thee?

five_silver_rings said...

Things are going okay. Not in my 'writing mood' these days... So even if I try to write, nothing comes out. Apart from that, I am teaching a friend of mine how to drive :D

Debating at IIT, eh? Nice. Would be good fun. Best of luck :)

Vipul Nanda said...

You were right, it was good fun. Made it to the quarters.

Now back in Bangalore. Sucks. What up?

Mystique said...

Madame.....
You on facebook?
write something, child....(4 years older than me, who cares???)

five_silver_rings said...

Yes honey, I am. Add me: it's radhikaiyengar@hotmail.com

And four years younger? Really?

five_silver_rings said...

As for me writing... Yes, I shall... Just have nothing to write on now days... Suggestions?

Vipul Nanda said...

Write about some book you read recently. Those can be fun. I don't blog as often as you do, so I'm probably not the right person to say anything when it comes to beating writer's block.

Renovatio said...

Same suggestion I made last time.

The key to making the most of a speed braker is to wait until there's a line of cars behind you, with no way to overtake you, such as through the main gate of Sainik Farms, then come to a hairline short of a complete standstill, and slowwwwly glide over the speed braker in first gear. Once you've got that patience, and learned to put the sound of the horns of the long line of cars behind you out of mind, you'll be a speed braker master, tackling speed brakers like that even while driving at 90.