February 2, 2008

Three Years of Living

College shall end, soon.

It's funny, my past three years have been a dream, really. You know that phrase right? Living in a bubble... Well, I suddenly realized, it's all true. Never thought college would end, never felt life to be so unstable, so uncertain. Never.

My final year has been.. well... I have ambiguous emotions towards describing it.

Honestly, I completely ignored my friends during my third year... as a result, they distanced away from me--it was my fault, and I am not shying away from admitting it. Although, recently when I began hanging out with them again, I realized what I was missing out on. Fuck, these guys are brilliant, beautiful people--people whom I absolutely adore, and I missed one entire year out without them. I am repenting being without them for so long. And I shall repent, for the rest of my life.

*

The other day my dramatics society, Verbum, gave us seniors our final farewell. They sent us custom-made invitation cards, indulged us to delicious chocolate cakes,made a movie on our memories in Verbum through a string of photographs with music in the background, and made sure we felt loved, wanted, and terribly missed. Verbum is a family, and will always be one.

Sigh.

Memories remind you of the good times, yet weaken you at the same time. My college: I have lots of memories attached to that yellow-red educational structure. Honestly, coming from a girls school and entering the grounds of my college, made me realize that I had the capacity of making loads of friends. So, I made lots of friends; lost many too, but what makes me happy is that, they were there at some point or another, to make me feel special. Wanted.

*

This is indeed one of my most emotionally charged posts.

College has ended.

End. Finis.


*


2 comments:

The Cat said...

i wrote a very, very emo post on college (our same dear venkooram of a college) a year back, and then decided it was too emotional to be put on the blog, and therefore, deleted it.

i love college. it gave me my music, it gave me homely cold walls and idli and dosai. and it also gave me you! so come to think of it, hm.

and you had been ignoring us all for the past 8 months, yes. good you acknowledged it. :P

five_silver_rings said...

:) my dear aaki... I am grateful for our beloved 'venkooram' (:P, cute pet name by the way) for giving me such amazing friends, you definitely being one of them.

I'll miss it terribly. It's been such a huge part of me, helped me evolve and grow as a person--though the exams and assignments have always made me go 'grr'... but CCD, Barney's, Sat.Nik, Beans and More, and of course, our dear canteeno--these places have given me so much more than just coffee :P--they have given me experiences I shall keep with me, for a long, long time.

(P.S. Sigh, here goes me obsessing again)