February 7, 2008

Soul Speakth

Currently singing: Dark child, Toni Braxton
*

An image of a forgotten reflection which earlier sparkled through my kohl-lined dark eyes. The girl who would swing her arms merrily in the gardens which embraced The Habitat Centre, or the one who would not think twice before munching on those road-side bhel puris at CP, or even gol-gappas for that matter; who would sit at any cafe and just smile to herself at the very thought of a Latte or a Cappuccino; who would dream of plays and consider them to be better than life, or the one who would love to sing, even though she knew she wasn't good at it, but still hit the wrong notes because she didn't give a damn.

The girl who walked the roads of Delhi nonchalantly in her chappals with and her famously loved jhola placed daringly on her shoulder; who smirked sheepishly everytime the wind whispered in her hair--Me, a girl who just didn't give a damn. Just didn't.

One can be happy within oneself, you say. It is true. I am a better person now :)

*

I am reading Walcott. Flirting with Neruda. Indulging in secret affairs with Eliot. My imagination finds me in better spirits. I doodle when lost in thoughts, scribbling poetry on abandoned sheets of yesterday.

I make tea for mom, coffee for my soul, make conversations for relaxation, and study for....? sigh, numbers, marks, a f-ing first division?

Answers, anyone?

*

P.S. It is 1 in the morning. I am terribly sleepy. If, pray you, you do notice certain grammatical errors, do ignore--they are errors exisiting only to remind us that we humans are immensely flawed. Oh, and good morning.

*

Category: Personal




8 comments:

Aseem said...

Thanks for the kind words.
Appreciate it.

Vipul Nanda said...

Why would you not have chaat now? 'tis an empty life without some forbidden gastronomic indulgences.

five_silver_rings said...

Aseem: Don't worry about it, it's all good :)

Arawn: haha, yes... true. I shan't disagree :P

How is law treating you, by the way?

Vipul Nanda said...

Not Law-ing right now. Holiday-ing, which agrees with me a lot more.

Mystique said...

and good morning to you too....
Study for? study for the marks, those double digit numbers that claim to assess your intelligence, but the only thing they do assess is whether you were smart enough to study.
One can be happy within oneself, yes. that realisation is what is tough.
and you say you didn't give a damn....
why the past tense?
you sound a lot like me....or who I would be if I was in mumbai....the sloppy jeans and Tshirt girl who runs instead of walks....and doesn't give a damn....

Unknown said...

Hi, Radhika.

Aap kaise hain? I've been able to discover this blog and I think it's deeply rooted in the writing traditions of India that I enjoy.

The young black man who visited India with so much close-mindedness has now realised what's in a nationality and heritage.

Take care and hope to hear from you.

Onyeka

five_silver_rings said...

Arawn: Great. Love holidays. Damn you lucky thing!

Mystique: Darling, I do *not* give a damn... haha, aren't we all alike, now? We all sound the same. One generation, I say--what can one expect? :P

Vipul Nanda said...

Mm, they would be good if I wasn't interning. But those will be over in a week - looking forward to life like that in a while.

It's odd how my college is the only one with holidays at this time of year.