June 17, 2007

WITH A SPARKLER

I want you to write my name in the dark, with a sparkler!


Okay… but why with a sparkler?


Because others things are boring. Some people tattoo their darling's name on their shoulder; others have it engraved on their tombstone. But I… I want you to write my name in the dark with a sparkler.


Hmm… but why in the dark?


Because a sparkler won't sparkle in light stupid! Then writing my name would be pointless…


Okay… so tell me, what is the point in writing your name?


You ask a lot of questions…


I'm curious…


About what?


About who we are… and what do names have to do with us?


Names give us an identity…


I thought personalities did that…


Argh! Does it really matter what names do?


Yes.


Why?


Because you want me to write your name in the dark with a sparkler…


Yes, that's precisely what I want you to do.


But… why your name?


Because you love me and you can't just write anyone's name in the dark with a sparkler!


A moment ago I thought you said that names don't matter.


Well, there are exceptions…


Hmm…


What?


I'm bored.


Are you saying that this conversation means nothing to you? That I mean nothing to you?


No, I'm just saying that I'm bored.


Are you trying to fool around with me?


Sadly, I think by the time we are done with this conversation, the only thing I'll be 'fooling around' with will be the sparkler…


Anyway chuck that… you in the mood to do it then?


Do what?


Write my name in the dark with a sparkler!


Oh… you're still on that…


What else do you expect me to be on?


Me.

Argh! Men! Just think about themselves all the time!


Oh! Forgive me Mother Teresa!


Do you really want to start a fight right now?


No, that's your job.


Uff! This conversation isn't going anywhere.


I'm sorry, did you actually think this conversation would go somewhere?


Yes!


Where? Timbuktu?


This is not funny. I know why you're doing this. You don't love me anymore.


Oh god.. Here we go again…


You don't care about my feelings, or what I want, or what makes me happy. Sarcasm… that's all you know. You don't know how to love, how to-


Enough! I can't take this anymore! I'm going!


Where?


To write your name in the dark with that bloody sparkler!


~~~

17 comments:

Mithat Pasha said...

Heavily inspired by Godot but with enough original creativity to make it worth reading..

Oh Radz you literary hottie! (sorry I just wanted to add that in :P)

five_silver_rings said...

why thank you sir :P

really appreciate the compliments... haha, waiting to read your posts as well mister!

i hang like a star; said...

Hi there, I chanced upon your blog by stalking Aakriti's. Interestingly, you've linked me. :)

I like the flow of conversation. Very natural. I always tend to write terribly forced conversation. The conversation is in some part amusing and in some part insightful.

Sparklers. That's cute. Seriously.

Do say hello the next time you drop by. :)

Also, I really like your profile picture. Very nice.

The Cat said...

mwaha, rish. i took the picture. :D

Anonymous said...

would really like to know if you MADE THIS UP :P

five_silver_rings said...

I did infact make this up.

All it took was a phase of utter monotony...

Don't think I have the stamina to actually initiate or survive such a conversation with my guy (when/if I ever have one).

Pity, isn't it?

five_silver_rings said...

Rish (Hope I can call you that) ~

Thank you :)

Honey, you write pretty well as well. In fact, I really liked what you wrote on 'The Boy' :P

(Do read the comment I posted on thy blog)

Aaki ~ The dear woman does know that you took the picture. I have informed already :P

Yes, all hail the photographer.

P.S. I take some pretty damn good pictures as well love!

Sign ~ Natural Born Killer ;)

Anonymous said...

Fooling around with a sparkler aye, Radz? Would that be a manual or a battery operated one? :p


~Rajnikan't. And so can't I.~

Anonymous said...

BTW, nice hottie pic you put up! When you coming to Hyd? Not missing me enough are we?

~Rajnikan't. And so can't I.~

five_silver_rings said...

alok alok alok.. thou will never change :P
Yes, missing thee tremendously, however, U can get your royal behind to Delhi as well by the way!
Monsoons have hit the capital... good weather, lousy traffic... you'll enjoy yourself :D
By the way, you were supposed to call me!

Anonymous said...

Shit I know babe... but I've been in office almost 24/7 since thursday, including sunday. :(
Plus Sunaina's in town, so busy with her too.
The moment I get free, PUCCA i'll call. BTW, it's been raining here, and it's awesom'er than saddi Dilli!

~Rajnikant. And so can't I.~

Anonymous said...

Me thinks me wanna start blogging again :p

~Rajnikant. And so can't I.~

ami said...

HahahahahahahaHAHAHAHA !!!!!! This was fun :D :D

Sassy Satan said...

Nice work

Anonymous said...

Really nice bit. Too lazy to sign in though.
Best,
A
(Ask aaki for clarifications on my identity :))

burf said...

ROTFL

or is it ROFTL or ROLFT or... whatever

i hang like a star; said...

disappeared?